For Perspective Tenants
CARE Housing aims to assist local people who are experiencing severe housing difficulties who are usually homeless, or under threat of homelessness, to find private rented accommodation with Landlords who have been approved by CARE Housing.
WE CAN ONLY CONSIDER HELPING THOSE WHO FIT OUR CRITERIA.
1. Homeless or under threat of homelessness
2. Applicants must satisfy CARE Housing that they will engage with our services to sustain independent living and maintain their financial obligations to their landlords.
3. Be in receipt of state benefits or on a low income and therefore without the means to pay a deposit and rent in advance.
4. Be over the age of 18 with or without dependents. However, please note single people under the age of 35, with no dependents, will be considered on a case by case basis due to Housing benefit allowances. Single people over the age of 35 may be considered for one bed-roomed property.
5. From the local community i.e.
Have lived here for at least 6 months in the last twelve, or two out of the last five years.
Born in the area
Having strong local connections
Having good reasons to live in the area
E.g. A secured local job requiring relocation or domestic violence.
We will require evidence of your circumstances
We do not generally accept applications from tenants of any social landlord e.g. Shoreline or L & H Homes who wish to move to another/better area. You should approach your housing provider to discuss your move in the first instance. In the certain circumstance of genuine need, where it would prevent homelessness, we will consider social landlords tenants on a case by case basis.